Counselling Service in Melbourne
Counselling in Melbourne for Individuals and Couples
Counselling in Melbourne assists individuals and couples to be able to cope more effectively, by making sense of feelings and changing stuck patterns of behaviour. Counselling services in Melbourne treats depression, anxiety, anger and relationship difficulties. Psychotherapy allows individuals to be free from unconscious blind spots that prevent them living a self-fulfilling lifestyle.
Therapy works for those who may feel stuck, lost or not coping with an aspect of life. Often not being sure of one’s ‘self’ occurs from not registering one’s thoughts or feelings. Repressing feelings can have a self-defeating impact on the individual. Many lose their self by adapting their behaviour to please others or escape by distracting themselves from what is really going on inside.
Melbourne counselling assists individuals to get in touch with their actual ‘self’ and overcome areas of stuckness, by strengthening the ‘self’s’ capacity to cope and deal with difficulties. Counseling in Melbourne allows individuals to process uncomfortable emotions, so they are better managed within, overcoming defensive patterns that become rigid and self-perpetuating cycles.
Why see a counselor?
When we are not strong enough to deal with situations, it leads to unhealthy coping mechanisms. Addictions, infidelity / affairs, moving on to partners quickly, running away and holding on to abusive relationships become self-destructive pathways.
Many commence therapy when these coping styles take control of them, becoming depressed and anxious. They find ways to fill the empty self by looking for comforts, escapes or distractions. Yet, they remain stuck in self-perpetuating and self-defeating behaviour, searching for the quick fix to gratify the feelings of emptiness.
Invest in Your ‘Self’ with Counselling in Melbourne Services
Counselling becomes the fuel that builds the ‘self’s’ capacity to cope, so life becomes smoother. Listening to ourselves, tells us what we need and informs us on how we can implement change. Therapy dismantles defensive behaviour; to locate the real self. The more we know what’s going on inside, the more we can self-activate, gain clarity and self-direction. We can negotiate our own needs, become stronger to face our emotions, improve coping and maintain healthy relationships. When individuals are not held back by avoiding uncomfortable emotions, they have the freedom to move forward and embrace their real potential in life.
If the following behaviours describe you, then perhaps counseling in Melbourne can help:
Signs that show the ‘self’ is not coping:
- Many resort to pleasure-seeking behaviours, to take them away from facing things
- Keeping busy distracts from focusing on feelings
- Some do not stop to think about themselves, preferring the easy road rather than taking responsibility for change
- It can feel easier to get one’s happiness from others, then take control of one’s life
- Many go along with others, then find their own way
- Individuals can have poor coping mechanisms, impulsive behaviour, low tolerance to frustration and ineffective ways to handle emotions
- Listening to what others tell them to do, then trusting themselves
- Many avoid what may be going on inside, because it evokes uncomfortable feelings
- Some don’t want to encounter their real thoughts or face the reality of their situation, preferring avoidance over resolution
- Many ignore warning signs that something is not right, to avoid conflict in the marriage
- A low functioning self can be depicted when individuals cannot hold down jobs or sustain relationships; cannot be alone and require others as a source of need fulfilment.
Medicare Rebates Applicable with a GP referral (Mental Health Care Plan)
For enquiries for Counselling in Melbourne service call: 0449 861 147 or use the contact form.
All content is copyright 2017 Nancy Carbone